04 June 2007

WE REMEMBER 1984 - MASSACRE BLUE STAR - 5 JUNE 1984





We move on now, to June 5, 1984, with more events and eyewitness accounts, including an interview with Pritam Kaur, wife of Sant Gianai Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale's P.A.


CHIMES of FREEDOM
by Bob Dylan
verse five
Even though a cloud's white curtain in a far-off corner flashed
An' the hypnotic splattered mist was slowly lifting
Electric light still struck like arrows, fired but for the ones
Condemned to drift or else be kept from drifting
Tolling for the searching ones, on their speechless, seeking trail
For the lonesome-hearted lovers with too personal a tale
An' for each unharmful, gentle soul misplaced inside a jail
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.

3 comments:

  1. WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA!
    WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

    Hi, Mai Mata Ji,

    I tried to make my profile portrait your picture with the orange ribbon, but blogger wouldn't. I have put it on my blog's header. Is this one OK, do you think?

    Are you going to repost the story of what happened to the three of you in Amritsar at this time? I think you should. I remember when Maman called us and told us about that, I totally freaked.

    I'll e-mail you a copy of the letter Sandeep wrote me. I know you'll want to see it!

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really weird how sadly even seemingly literate people get emotionally charged to support wrong causes. Pity. What happened on Operation Bluestar is sad, particularly the death of innocent devotees. But one has to remember it is the terrorists that brought this tragic event to come to pass.
    Wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jim,

    I believe I am one of your 'seemingly literate people.'

    Terrorist is a slippery word.

    Your terrorist is my freedom fighter. Sant Bhindranwala Ji and his followers had no interest in killing innocent people; everything he said and did was for justice and freedom for us, his people. The right to self determination is fundamental human right which our people have been denied. This is not a 'wrong cause.'

    I assure you that I am wide awake.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE COMMENTS.

Please feel free to speak your mind. Dissension is allowed and welcomed. I only delete illegal comments and spam. OK, maybe obscene, but not usually.

If you want to contact me personally, my address is theroadtokhalistan@gmail.com