15 March 2011

STAND WITH BAHRAIN

We Sikhs have a long history of standing with people fighting injustice anywhere.  Today on my Facebook page, I received this plea for help from my gallant young friend in Bahrain, Ghadeer Al-Shamlam:



Please Published for all people you know
Help us to reach our voice to foreign countries
...
What's going on with this world.. why everyone is watching what's happening in Bahrain and no one is taking any action?? WHY?? aren't we humans??? don't we deserve to live as well... Where are the people of the world??????? Bahrain is calling.. listen or it will be too late...

I feel so helpless.  All the attention of the world is right now focused on the four-fold disaster in Japan (earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown/volcano)  and the good people of Bahrain have been nearly forgotten.  Japan, of course, must be helped, but do we have such small hearts and minds that we can only help in one place?  Please look at these pictures that Ghadeer ji just sent me.  This is what the government of Bahrain, with the help of the Saudis and, I just heard, the Kuwaitis, are doing to their own citizens.  As Sikhs, we know what it feels like to be attacked by what is supposed to be our own government.



One more picture, a screenshot from a YouTube video about the attackj on peaceful protesters.  (See also the second video below)


 It seems a particularly destructive form of tear gas is being used against the protesters.  I've breathed tear gas a few times and even the ordinary form is bad enough.






LET US ALL STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH OUR SISTERS AND BROTHERS !!

TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO SAY ARDAS FOR THEM!!

FREE BAHRAIN ZINDABAD!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS.

Please feel free to speak your mind. Dissension is allowed and welcomed. I only delete illegal comments and spam. OK, maybe obscene, but not usually.

If you want to contact me personally, my address is theroadtokhalistan@gmail.com