06 June 2007

WE REMEMBER 1984- MASSACRE BLUE STAR - 7 JUNE 1984



"We went inside with humility in our hearts and prayers on our lips." General K. Sundarji




I have just been reading a fascinating account of Massacre Blue Star from the enemy perspective from a website of the Bharat Rakshak Team. Reading what the enemy has to say about himself is most interesting to me. They start out by saying that their purpose is not to be anti-Sikh, but just an account of 'India's Army's Action at the Golden Temple against heavy odds.' I would like to quote a couple of passages, but I have enough problems in my life without them hounding me for copyright infringement.

What more than anything else drew my attention was the massive amount of arms and manpower that were sent in against us. And how bravely and well our Sikh brothers and sisters fought against this formidable power. I am sure the shaheeds and our father, Guru Gobind Singh himself, were there beside them. I don't want to get poetic here; this was a dirty, filthy, grimy battle, as battles always are. But I do need to express my admiration and appreciation of our warriors, our valiant Khalsa who fought against all odds during these days and died perfect deaths, as Khalsa are taught to dream of dying.

One last point about this account: the statistics given were the only humourous part of this article. Make sure you're sitting down! Army: 43 dead, 248 wounded. 'Terrorists and others': 492 dead, 86 wounded, about 1500 captured, Pakistanis among them. Need I comment on any of that?




There are many good pictures at Search Sikhism.


WHY TRY TO FIT IN WHEN YOU WERE BORN TO STAND OUT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE COMMENTS.

Please feel free to speak your mind. Dissension is allowed and welcomed. I only delete illegal comments and spam. OK, maybe obscene, but not usually.

If you want to contact me personally, my address is theroadtokhalistan@gmail.com